Hello! My Babies arrived today!

txchick05

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 26, 2011
Hello!
wee.gif
I am so excited! I live on the TX coast and my surprise shipment of brown egg-layers arrived today, hatched yesterday! They look very healthy and are precious. I am trying to determine what breeds I have!
idunno.gif
Three are obviously diff. breeds and two are of the same breed. (I think the twins are barred plymouth rocks, 1 rhode island red, not quite sure about the yelllow chick if she is a buff orpington or a white plymouth rock or what, and an unusual golden with dark redish gold stripes on her back? maybe a golden comet. They came as a surprise mix of standard backyard brown egg layers, so I guess time will tell what I have! I have always been an animal lover, but this is my first experience raising chickens!

dawg 53: I researched leghorn but it wasn't listed as one of my possible egg layers in the mix shipped. Thanks for the input! The more I look at her I think she might be a white rock, but she is only one day old! we shall see
smile.png

A big Texas-sized
welcome-byc.gif

frow.gif
Congrats neighbor! Come see us on the Texas Thread (see my siggy)

28464_temp_pic_file_080.jpg

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Once you reach 10 posts, you'll be able to post pictures of your babies. Then someone will be able to tell which breeds you have. Although, sometimes there are several breeds that look simular when just hatched and then you'll have to wait until the chicks start to feather before knowing the breed.

Back
Top Bottom