Hello! | My Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wigwam7, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Wigwam7

Wigwam7 New Egg

Mar 15, 2017
    Seneca, South Carolina
    Hello, everyone here on BackYard Chickens! I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Skye/Skylar (IDC which one you call me) and I live in Seneca, South Carolina. (Small state, small town. )

I am not an adult (Quite far from being one, actually.) but I'm not going to say my age on here.

I love drawing and most of all, chickens!

I like drawing chickens. Hmm.

Anyways, I am getting chickens (4 or 6

chickens...can't decide yet) in June. I am probably ordering them from Meyer Hatchery. My brother and I both enjoy these cute, fluffy and sweet birds. I can't wait till we get them!

Until then, I will be asking for a few suggestions, tips, and advice on raising chickens (and chicks!).

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover! Nice too meet you Skylar. What breeds of chickens were you thinking of getting?

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck in establishing your flock.

4. RiverStorm

RiverStorm Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2017
    Southern USA
    My Coop
    Hello Skylar[​IMG]! and yes chickens are fun!!!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Type 'art' in the search bar at the top of the page and do an on site search. Several threads will appear that you may be of interest to you.

6. 254trucker

254trucker Just Hatched

Mar 27, 2017
    Cameron Tx
    Welcome. I am a newbie also. Just got my flock going again. The first flock in almost 20 years . There are many helpful people who are willing to help.

7. sheetmetaltom

sheetmetaltom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    welcome and keeping chickens can be fun, i have 8 13 week old chicks i got from meyers. there shipping was prompt, they came a day early.all the chicks were healthy. there were 17, i ordered all hens and only one was a roo. so there sexing is pretty good. i gave the rest to people i know who were starting new flocks. hope you enjoy your new hobby, and you can find pretty much everything you need to know right here.

ps, most of the time if you dont say anyhing about your age no one would have a clue.

8. Wigwam7

Wigwam7 New Egg

Mar 15, 2017
    Seneca, South Carolina
    To sheetmetaltom: Nice to hear that Meyers has good services! I look forward to my chicks! I'm also glad I found BYC. It's been very helpful so far.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, Skye, so very glad you've joined us. I love reading that this is going to be a joint project with your brother, I hope that the two of you have many wonderful hours working together with and for your flock!

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Wigwam, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in your flock! Meyer is a good hatchery - you will be pleased. Good luck with your June chickens and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by