Hello, my name is Diana and I am a chickaholic !

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by born2late, Mar 1, 2008.

1. born2late

born2late Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    [​IMG] , I am so a chickaholic...lol! Since my first chicks came in less than two weeks ago, I eat, drink and sleep chickens. I read my books on raising them. I go through all of my groups and gather information and rejoice and grieve over all of the news happening to my fellow chickaholics. I feed, water and clean up after my girls all the time. I give them toys to play with and talk to them.....[​IMG] . I have truly become a chickaholic and I don't think I want to recover. Chickens are like a drug. Once you get them into your system you keep wanting to get more! Ha! ha! Here chickie chickie chickie.... [​IMG] Diana

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Welcome to the board! Hope we can feed your addiction then!

3. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    WELCOME!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Hi Diana,

Don't look to us for a cure, you won't find it here. Just a bunch of enablers. Got your incubator yet? The Hova Bator 1588 is really great. [​IMG]

5. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    hello and welcome

6. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    And is that a bad thing? I read all the books before I got my girls. In here most of us are chickaholic,,,,

By the way, what kind of toys do you get them?

[​IMG]

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Hi Diana..My name is Sandy and I have been a chickaholic for yearssss....Everyone at BYC will feed your addiction!!!! Yup, you have to get an incubator and there are lots of people on here that will gladly furnish you with hatching eggs of all sorts!!

8. 2dream

2dream Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Jackson MS
    You are among friends here. We will definately try to keep you on course. If at any time you feel like you are slipping away from that chicken addiction just holler. We will pull you right back into the fold with the rest of us addicts.

9. born2late

born2late Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    I don't have an incubator yet. I am hoping to set up a breeding trio or two later.I still need to get a 'roo . I may put the 'bator on a future christmas wish list.
    The "toys" my girls are playing with is a large square handmirror that they kiss and cuddle against and a canning jar ring tied with a piece of yarn that they constantly pull and swing at. They grab the knot in the yarn and swing the ring back and forth like they were playing tetherball almost. It doesn't help when one chick gets smart and sticks her head through the jar ring to try and steal the loop of yarn from another chick. It is so funny to watch. It keeps the chicks occupied while they are still in their brooder so they don't get bored and pick at each other.
    We have been working hard on the coop. It is an 8x12 shed style roof with two nice windows in it. We still have to finish the trim work, paint it and put the fencing. My husband did a nice job on the door yesterday. We caulked it today. The insides still need finished. While we are waiting for the girls to get a bit bigger, we will try to get the rest of the inside finished. My girls are in their brooder on my extra dining room table. "What? You mean no one else has chicks on their dining room table?" [​IMG]
    I keep thinking of all of the new chickens I would love to try. I have to pry myself away from the breeder sites. Diana

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by