Hello, my name is Paul

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PWmadonna, Feb 7, 2015.

1. PWmadonna

PWmadonna New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    I have frequently visited this site in the past for all of my questions concerning raising my geese and chickens. Now that I had to join an online connections website for my web fundamentals class, I decided to give BYC a try for myself.
    My flock:
    Right now I have four hens (Americana, white leghorn, silver laced wyandotte, mille fleur deuccle), a male guinea fowl, and a pair of giant dewlap Toulouse geese. This spring I am hoping to raise some goslings. However, If anyone has tried to breed these large dewlaps, they know that it is not an easy task. I have used the help of posts from other dewlap Toulouse owners to help me prepare. Below is a picture of my geese.

If anyone decides to post any comments below to interact for my web class, just say anything you find interesting about poultry and etc.
    Paul

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hello, Paul, welcome to BYC.

3. PWmadonna

PWmadonna New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    I have frequently visited this site in the past for all of my questions concerning raising my geese and chickens. Now that I had to join an online connections website for my web fundamentals class, I decided to give BYC a try for myself. My flock: Right now I have four hens (Americana, white leghorn, silver laced wyandotte, mille fleur deuccle), a male guinea fowl, and a pair of giant dewlap Toulouse geese. This spring I am hoping to raise some goslings. However, this is not an easy task. Below is a picture of my geese.
    If anyone is posting for the web fundementals class, just give a few comments below.

4. PWmadonna

PWmadonna New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    I have frequently visited this site in the past for all of my questions concerning raising my geese and chickens. Now that I had to join an online connections website for my web fundamentals class, I decided to give BYC a try for myself.
    My flock:
    Right now I have four hens (Americana, white leghorn, silver laced wyandotte, mille fleur deuccle), a male guinea fowl, and a pair of giant dewlap Toulouse geese. This spring I am hoping to raise some goslings. However, If anyone has tried to breed these large dewlaps, they know that it is not an easy task. I have used the help of posts from other dewlap Toulouse owners to help me prepare.

If anyone decides to post any comments below to interact for my web class, just say anything you find interesting about poultry and etc.
    Paul

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello Paul and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Good luck with raising your goslings. I have never kept geese but would love to some day.

Enjoy all your adventures and we do welcome you to our flock!

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!

It sounds like you have a nice group of birds! Good luck with all of them. [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    If your geese have access to a pond, it will facilitate their breeding.

8. DRGLENNON

DRGLENNON Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2014
    Homosassa Springs, FL
    [​IMG] I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on your geese!

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

Sounds like you have a nice flock already! I've always admired Toulouse geese, but don't have the space to keep any waterfowl. I hope you can find a way to breed yours successfully![​IMG]

10. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

Nice to meet you, Paul!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by