Hello, New Chicken Gal Here from Central PA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ArtGirlJenn, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ArtGirlJenn

ArtGirlJenn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2014
    Central PA
    Hello everyone! My name is Jenn and I am a licensed artist from Central Pennsylvania.
    Hubby and I recently purchased a 12 acre farm (in desperate need of repair) and are hoping to rebuild the coop that came with the property in preparation for our first small flock in the Spring.
    I have never raised or cared for chickens before, but am an anxious to learn all I can and am so grateful to have found this website!
    Country living is not new to us, but farming is, and I think the info and community found here will be wonderful for us.

Looking forward to "meeting" you all and learning all I can.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge.

You will want to stop by our learning center. Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry including getting started with chickens, building the coop, raising the chicks and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Enjoy this new journey you are on and welcome to our flock!

3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

X2 ion the learning center.

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on the new farm! Hope all the projects go well!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]Hi Jenn, it's nice to meet you. Glad you joined the BYC flock [​IMG]

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

9. LIChickens

LIChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

I am curious: What is a licensed artitst?

10. dragbikeguy

dragbikeguy New Egg

Sep 30, 2014
    hello I am also from central pa, milton that is I am raising 25 right now in the house and cant wait to get them in the coop. this is my first attempt, and love it, so fare. maybe when you get yours we could trade of rosters to keep good blood line going, all of my birds are 3 weeks old now, I have 10 buff orpingtons, 10 barrad rocks and 5 araucanas AKA easter eggers. and then I had bought 5 sexlinks for the wife, she just had to have some fresh eggs, its funny now she is all proud she can go into the coop and hold them and I swear the one is a dog because I was digging potatoes yesterday and she followed me all over, and bonus for her was, she ate the worms when I was digging potato's got to love them or eat them. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by