Hello! New chicks an

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Epona142, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking around for a couple weeks, and enjoying the chatroom, and now its time to share my new chicks!

I had to pop the little buggers in an old pot to take pictures. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are supposed to be White Crested Black Polish. Three are awful dark, but DO seem to have little head puffs.

[​IMG]

There were supposed to be Americanas, but I imagine they're just Easter Eggers, but that's okay for me.

[​IMG]

And little Barred Rocks!

I got addicted because I happened to stop into a feed store which were trying to get rid of excess Easter chicks, and took home four cute little puffballs, imagining I could eat them, or their eggs, eventually.

Turns out they're so interested to watch, I can't keep away! And had to have more! My husband thinks I'm a little crazy, but doesn't mind, (I keep alot of different critters, what's a few more [​IMG] ). We actually already had a nice chicken coop, run, grow up cage, and everything else, as my mother used to raise bantam chickens out here where I am living now.

So hi again! [​IMG]

2. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    That's all you need to become an addict. a couple of fuzzy chicks who need a home. and then you take a count of your flock and find you have some how accumulated 47 chickens and have to down size [​IMG] . It is great though. I love your chicks

3. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    [​IMG]

They are all sooooo cute. Seeing all of these cute pics. just makes me want to go out and get me some more....lol

Dorothy

4. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Your chicks are so adorable and Yes I do believe you have some Americaunas. Two of them look very much like mine , I have 5 Americaunas and 5 Buff Orps. They are so cool, and since I have put them in the big coop they are becoming very friendly. I have been told the Americaunas will get very dark legs where as the Buffs have orangey color legs and my Americaunas do have dark legs and their beaks are starting to darken. Enjoy as they grow soooo fast![​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ChelleEnchanted

ChelleEnchanted Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Ohio
    Those three that were supposed to be WCB polish and are darker are actually golden polish.

Cute little things. [​IMG]

6. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Thanks everyone! Golden Polish eh? I'll make note of that. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by