Hello! New Member From NW WI~loves ducks~

Just Ducky Girl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Hi! Ready to connect with any other duck people out there! I have quite a collection, and since I am learning more and more all the time and am a relative novice, Love to hear about DUCKS!!! Let me know what you have, how you keep them, and any tips! Glad to meet all you happy poultry people on BYC! Just duckily yours, Eliz

Greetings from Kansas, Just Ducky Girl, and
welcome-byc.gif
! I share your passion for ducks but am really something of a beginner - only owned 6 (currently 4). In the spring, however, I plan on a mixed flock of 10 - some rouens, black and blue Swedish, Cayugas, maybe one or two others. Be sure to check out the duck thread on Other Backyard Poultry! Best of luck to you!!

Welcome to BYC! I have 4 Rouen Ducks (and 20 chickens). They are almost 7 mos old and the sweetest ducks, they know that at 4:30 I let the chickens out to forage and meet me at the coops for treats!

Ha ha redsoxs! I'm actually from KS... moved up here(was imported by my native to WI husband) 4 years ago. How's the warm weather there?
wink.png
We already have snow on the ground here... I do miss the wind there, tho' it gets so piercing this time of year! let me know how the cayugas and Swedish work for you, I have a Magpie drake(registered, Peter James Magnum 350, and that was an accident-we got a fancy duck in our mixed batch of ducklings!), Scottish Crested drake(Sir Frances Drake), two mixt breed Drakes(Matt and Pete), 1 peking drake and hen (Ming Lee and Ping) and 1 black Indian Runner hen(lil' Blackie) and that's everybody! So far...

GoldDogsMom, I'm hopefully going to be picking up a Rouen hen tomorrow for a "sitter" because I've heard they are such sweet ducks and she has successfully sat many eggs to ducklings, even those not her own. She'll be the oldest, and get to rule this roost. Mine are all Father's Day ducklings, so also not too old. I have my sweeties trained to a whistle, they hear it, they come! ha ha, can't wait to see if the Rouen settles down my very flighty young'uns!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. I'm another duck lover - in fact, I much prefer our waterfowl than the chickens
wink.png

We have Indian Runners, Rouens, Khaki Campbells, Chocolate Calls, Pekins, Muscovies, and several mixes. Wouldn't trade them for anything
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom