1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello-new member here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HBlanton, Mar 26, 2017.

1. HBlanton

HBlanton Just Hatched

Mar 26, 2017
    Hi, my name is Heather, I live in Arkansas and I have 25 chickens! Read a lot on the forum but joined today. Glad I can be part of the group!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi, Heather, and welcome to BYC - so glad you've decided to join in the fun!

3. HBlanton

HBlanton Just Hatched

Mar 26, 2017
    There's so much good info on here! I got some help today and hope I can help others!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Heather, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community and that you have found BYC helpful! If you'd like to chat with some local poultry folks, find your state thread in the link below and say howdy. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :weee

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens Heather, it's nice to meet you.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Heather [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Heather, it's nice to have you here! What breeds of chickens do you have?

8. HBlanton

HBlanton Just Hatched

Mar 26, 2017
    Thank you so much!

9. HBlanton

HBlanton Just Hatched

Mar 26, 2017
    Thanks! Glad to be here!

10. HBlanton

HBlanton Just Hatched

Mar 26, 2017
    I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, a huge not very nice Rhode Island Red rooster named Wayne, a Plymouth Rock, an australorp, 8 Bovan Browns, and we just got 12 new babies from our feed store. I think in there I have 3 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Plymouth Rocks, a full-sized Silkie, a Leghorn, a Bantam Silkie, and 2 more Bantams that I'm not sure what they're going to be!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by