Hello, New member.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vermont Poultry, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Vermont Poultry

Vermont Poultry Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern Vermont
    Been using this site for a few months without an account, decided to make one. Glad I did. Still trying to figure out the dynamics and how things roll here. Just saying hi! If someone could give me starter advice on how to get more involved in the BYC community that would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Vermont Poultry, and :welcome. Happy you joined our flock! Yes, BYC can seem pretty daunting. It's sometimes hard to "jump right in" when you aren't familiar with the other posters or how to navigate around. First off, I'd recommend you visit the VT thread in this link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you (you may have scroll down a ways to find it). That way you can connect with locals on BYC. Another great way is to go to the brown Forums tab at the top of any BYC page. Click on it and all the various forums will pop up. Do some sleuthing in the forums where you have interest and just start leaving comments or suggestions. One great place to do that is this very forum! As you know, it's tough being new and brand newbies like to know they're welcome. Pretty soon you'll be an old hand! Best wishes!

2 people like this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already from redsox, so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

4. Vermont Poultry

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern Vermont
    Thanks! That's great information Haha the only reason I hesitated on creating an account was because all my questions were usually already asked and answered. Glad to join BYC

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG]! Glad you decided to join, I don't have much to say since @redsoxs already gave you some fantastic info!
    Have a great time on here! [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    [​IMG] hello From NE Kansas. Ditto on Redsoxs post! There is a wealth of information that seems almost endless, just have to manage your time browsing all the threads and not to forget to actual go tend to your own flock.[​IMG]

8. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    Hello and [​IMG]! Glad you joined the flock! [​IMG]

9. Vermont Poultry

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern Vermont
    Thanks Guys!

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop