Hello - New Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenStitches, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ChickenStitches

ChickenStitches New Egg

Apr 15, 2009
    Hi! I'm new here. I'm picking up my chickens tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting 15 Barred Rock hens and I am terribly excited about bringing them home. I will have the nursery all prepared (thanks to all the posts I've read) and my husband has build the Coop de Ville for when they are big enough to get out of the brooder. I am taking all three of my grandchildren with me to get the chicks - too much fun.

I live in NC, married to Gary, mother to two grown kids, Nana to three boys.

2. Turtle

Turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Lyles,TN
    [​IMG] from TN your gonna love having chickens and BYC site. they are both addictive. worse than smoking I know I quit that but cant quit the other two and never will.

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Welcome to BYC! Happy to know you. [​IMG]

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    [​IMG] from Western NC! [​IMG]

6. Sir Peeps A Lot

Sir Peeps A Lot New Egg

Apr 15, 2009
    Hello! I am new also. I am trying to get the ordinance changed in Red Springs, NC to allow chickens (hens). I'll hopefully know something next month.

You can read about it on the Robesonian website. They did an add in the paper. Everyone seemed to be okay with it. Hopefully, I am not being to naive.

I really look forward to getting a frizzle chick, Barred Rock, and a Rhode Island Red.

Wife to an excellent man, mother to an adorable girl, 1 boston terrier, 1 german shepherd, 2 english angora bunnies, and numerous fish.

7. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

8. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

9. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

10. Spike

Spike Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    NH VIA NYC
    Hey! I'm new too, soooo welcome and best of luck to ya'! [​IMG] I'll be floating around the waterfowl section..hehe [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by