Hello "new person"

Aspen Forest

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 7, 2015
Hello everyone!
I curintly live in New Jersey, I would like to get a few pheasants to rase for personal use. I went to a agriculture school that had chickens and rabbits that I took care of and want to try one of my favorite birds. So any information would be aprisheated!
My mane question is so I need to have a permit for 8 pheasants.

Thanks!

Updated with questions!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I don't personaly have chickens, but in high school we had several types and would hatch a few to sell. I'm looking to get some pheasants.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
0, I'm looking to get 8 ring neck pheasants
(3) What breeds do you have?
Ring neck pheasants
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I found out about BYC when I was looking for information oh how to care for pheasants
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My other hobbies include hunting, taxidermy, camping (anything outdoorsy really)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
There are 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, and a guinea pig. Only one dog, a cat and the rabbits and guinea pig are my personal animals. My dog is a chocolate lab named Aspen who's bild like a tank. The rabbits we're going to be my starters for meet rabbits however my mother hatted that idea. So they are just chilling being happy bunnies. I curintly go to community college for environmental science.

Last edited:
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry but I don't know about raising pheasant in your area but I'm sure if you post in the pheasant section of the forum other members will be able to help you, here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/50/pheasants-and-partridge-chukar

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new pheasant adventure and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

Good morning and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

x2 on Yorkshire coop's advice regarding the pheasant section. Contact your local government office to find out if there are any ordinances on the books regarding poultry. This article from the Learning Center may be helpful to you:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-laws-and-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Pheasants are lovely birds to keep! I sure hope you can keep them in your area.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom