hello !!, new start today

tester235

Hatching
Mar 28, 2015
Hi, I am don Tester, new to backyard chickens,,have raised chickens most of my life being farm raised myself so,,,have retired now after many years of farm work then construction, home building , loved it, am now taking on the project of raising black Minorca's,,nice breed, beautiful birds,,young stag cockral, five young pullets just starting to get eggs daily now,turn them out frequently to forage on my 1 & 1/3 acre back yard and amazingly they get along quite well with my three pit bulls,two females & one male, all rescue dogs and they are quite loving, protective but once you come into the home or yard they welcome you with wet licks and as long as you scratch their backs you have friends for life,,, they all roam the yard together actually, no-one pays any attention to the other so,,,,,,,,,,,,, they all know they belong so all are family.
Well, Hello to everyone andf hope all have the best of luc

k with your poultry,,will be selling eggs later on this summer once the pullets start a steady laying regime.

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, gorgeous rooster!! Sounds like you have a very nice flock. I am glad the dogs all get along with the flock as most dogs see chickens as dinner!

Pull up a roost bar here and make yourself at home. Ask any questions you may have and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You certainly have some beautiful Black Minorcas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Your Minorcas are beautiful! Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom