Hello, New to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Backyard Hobby, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Backyard Hobby

Backyard Hobby Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2016
    Alabama
    Hi everyone, I've been reading articles on BYC casually for over a year now and decided to join in. I'm not new to chickens, as my family has had chickens for most of my life. I'm currently in college and that's when my own interests in chickens really started to grow (ironically). I currently have 11 Svart Hönas and 14 French Black Copper Marans, both from Greenfire Farms, that my family is gracious enough to keep an eye on during the semesters for me. I'm very interested in exotic and unique breeds, so I look forward to browsing all of the great rare breed threads here on BYC.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes
    CT

3. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    Welcome to BYC backyard hobby I'm glad you joined us. I too am interested in exotic breeds and I also had a French Black Copper Maran, I'd like to keep in touch

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. You have some nice breeds.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Happy you joined our community!

6. Mango613

Mango613 Just Hatched

Sep 12, 2016
    Greeting from Ottawa - I am new to birds and am currently hatching duck eggs. I have spent hours reading posts on this board and love how supportive and kind everyone is. That is not always the case online anymore. I am only keeping one of these little ducks to use in education programs and the rest will go back to the farm the eggs came from. That means I will be posting about diapers soon too [​IMG]. Thank you for the add and for the on-going support of this amazing community.

Linda

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by