Hello new to the Flock from Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pet Rose, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Pet Rose

Pet Rose New Egg

Aug 1, 2010
    Hello there,

I have been visiting this website for over a year now (obviously on my Favorites), and I have decided to join in today [​IMG]

I have decided to take it to the next level and acquire my chicks to keep in my backyard in a small town in the Greater Toronto Area. It seems that my best alternative is bantam chicks, I am looking for 3. I am interested in a Barred Plymouth Rock, RIR and an EE. The problem here is that it seems that only US companies sell bantams on line (and the do not ship to Canada).

Performance Chickens, are all sold out for the season (same as last year), Frey's Hatchery does not carry bantams and I frankly do not know where to turn [​IMG]

Does anyone know here in Canada, where can I get bantams? or who ships from the US. I have small incubator (Brinsea Mini Eco-hatched some quails this year) so I would also be able to purchase bantam fertile eggs from any of the above mentioned breeds [​IMG]

Please help.

Pet Rose

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] glad to have you with us ! [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Thanks for joining!

4. gaduke

gaduke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    S.W. Kentucky
    [​IMG] From Ky!

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG], I am glad you joined. I hope you can find your bantam chicks or eggs. I have large fowl and Banty's they are all great. I have 2 banty hens that hatched me 18 chicks out, they are so cute. Good luck. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG]

7. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by