Hello, new to this please help me out.

CityHenMama1313

Hatching
Feb 25, 2015
So, for the last 2 days I noticed she wasn't eating along with her other free range chicken friends. She was just sitting under the tree all by herself. So this morning we decided to pick her up and look to see if she possibly had anything stuck in her throat. She kept gagging so we felt along her neck and it feels like there's a coin in there. What do I do? I gave her some olive oil, but it didn't seem to help. The avian doctor wants to charge me $350 just for a visit and if there's a surgical procedure it will be $2,000. I don't have the means. Any suggestions? Or advice? Please.

Please post in detail at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. I totally sympathize with you, I couldn't afford that vet either. But if she had an xray to show what she swallowed, where it is lodged and how big., it's possible there are non surgical methods to move it out of her.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry it's not under better circumstances though. Wow that would be quite a bill from the vet. Im sure the experts in the emergencies section will have some advice for you on how to best help her.

Wishing you the very best of luck and hope you can get her sorted out soon :fl

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

I'm sorry to hear about your hen!
hugs.gif
I hope the Emergencies people can help you out.

Back
Top Bottom