hello okie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by andrea2chicken, Mar 7, 2016.

1. andrea2chicken

andrea2chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2016
    oklahoma
    Hi I am Andrea and I just went to the chickens lo. Just recent bought 7 chicks 6for sure pellets and one we are hoping is a rooster. 2 are black silks 2 are black silks 2 something mixed with reds one is ?? And another is a little fluffy yellow chick I can't remember what he it was. Anyway I had chickens before and really enjoyed having them many many moons ago. So I can't wait for mynew flock to grow.

2. gigi113

gigi113 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2015
    Connecticut
    be sure to post pictures!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Andrea

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your new chicks :clap You might like to pop by the what breed gender section of the forum with some pics and I'm sure members there will be able to help you ID your chicks. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks, be sure to ask any questions. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Andrea and welcome to BYC - I am glad that you are enjoying your chicken renaissance!

All the best
    CT

5. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Andrea, [​IMG]

Welcome back to chickens!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. andrea2chicken

Mar 7, 2016
    oklahoma
    Nty all for the warm welcome first time starting with chick's and loving it. Keeps me busy during the day that is for sure

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Andrea, welcome to BYC. How old are your silkies? They are one of the most difficult breeds to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they lay eggs or crow. If you bought them as younger chicks they could surprise you when their gender traits show up. You can post photos at "what breed or gender is this," they are pretty good at figuring them out, not as baby chicks though.

You may also want to post on the "Silkie thread," to learn more about them.

9. andrea2chicken

Mar 7, 2016
    oklahoma
    Ok so after lots of research and talking to many here. I don't have a single silkie. I do have a salmon favorelle, 4 donique, 2 lord only knows right but they are black. 2 possible polish. And 3 orange pullete chick's who I am praying will stay orange or go red. But tip of wings lok like they will be white

10. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by