Hello people!!! PLEASE REPLY!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 6Chickens&counting, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6Chickens&counting

6Chickens&counting Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    They shipped yesterday from chickensforbackyards in Texas.... how long would it take for 15 chicks to come from Texas to New Mexico???
    Someone had said it took only a day for her's to ship from texas to Tenesee!!! I'm anxious!!!

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Most times shipping on chicks takes from 2 to 3 days. Sometimes only one.

Just keep hoping it's soon. [​IMG]

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    It depends on how they were shipped and how close to a main sorting facility you are. Express or Priority gives you a time frame of 2-3 days but I've seen it get there next day. Next Day shipping gets there of course next day. Call the hatchery. They should be able to give you a tracking number. I ordered adult birds the other week express mail. They got from Ohio to the sorting facility an hour and a half away from me in california in one day. But they would not have made it to my post office until the following day, so I drove and picked them up.

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Be sure to go to the post office and give them your contact info.

5. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

No offense, but I don't think posting the same question 3 times is going to get any more answers than posting once. [​IMG]

6. 6Chickens&counting

6Chickens&counting Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Heh yeah I figured.... But when it comes to baby chicks being shipped I get scared!

7. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

6Chickens&counting :

Heh yeah I figured.... But when it comes to baby chicks being shipped I get scared!

It'll also get you points in the new "infraction system".

Don't be scared, just do all you can (contact shipper for ETA & call local Post Office for update) and what will be, will be.​

8. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by