HELLO! Please tell me, about your experiences with chickens, turkeys & ducks in your garden. Thank y

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by boyss7, Apr 30, 2017.

1. boyss7

boyss7 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2017
    Hello! Please tell me, about your experiences with chickens, turkeys & ducks in your garden.
    Can you mix turkeys & ducks only?
    Does anybody knows what turkeys & ducks eat in the wild? (plant names, please)
    Can they eat sagebrush, mezquite pods?
    Do ducks need a pool?
    I will be the parent of the turkeys & ducks, what precautions should I have? or what do I need to do?
    I have experience with chickens, but I don't want to grow them anymore. Saying, that I have a chicken coop, all the supplies (feeders etc)
    Thank you in advance

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can post on the "turkey thread," for information about them. and on the "Duck thread," as well. You said you don't want chickens anymore, so I overlooked mentioning threads.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under boyss7 [​IMG] Welcome!

This is a link to the Duck Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks and this one to the Turkey Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/20/turkeys Diva mentioned.

As I have no experience with either, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by