hello reality! MY CHICKS ARE HERE! with a few problems and questions

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KattyKillFish, May 18, 2009.

1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    yaay! we ordered our little fuzzies from Mc Murray and they are here! trouble is i have no car and i'm stuck babysitting. i would walk, but it's raining like mad crazy and it's pretty cold out there! i wouldn't want the little ones to get chilled and die [​IMG]
    mind you it hasn't rained here in a few weeks and this ends the long drought... BUT MY BABIES!

hopefully i can get a co-worker or one of my mom's church members to pick them up for me. I HOPE!

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Oh No................ Try your hardest to get to them Good luck

3. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    OHH YAY! Erin, my mom's friend's daughter offered to get them. poor little things, i got the call at 7:30 this morning and it's now almost 11:00. hope they will be okay, i've heard some nasty stories about chicks from hatcheries. but we've always had luck with Mc Murray. thank you nettielou, i'm glad i found a way to get them home.

and we have no ~real~ chick starter. gamebird starter okay? my mom comes home from Anchorage with 3 bags of the good stuff, will the gamebird starte hold them off until then? i wasn't expecting them until a few days from now! i know better now. always be prepared!

4. Rolsjo

Rolsjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    Maine
    Yay! I know the feeling, we just got our chicks this morning. The post office called at 6:50 to let me know they were here. Good thing I got up before 7, huh? So I got the kiddos up, started the coffee and went to get our little peeps.

They are even more adorable than I expected. They all drank well, got a bit of rest and just had their first meal. I already know it's going to seem strangely quiet once they get moved outside.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    ohh, last year we had 100 of the little buggers. when they were old enough to stay in the coop, the house was silent and scary. no explosion of loud chirping. that is until we got button quail [​IMG]
    so is gamebird starter okay, then?

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  6. Cackling Hen

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Quote:Your welcome. I got my chicks from Mcmurray April 20th Long story there ughhh Gamestarter I dont know? Im sure it will be ok.... Keep us posted ok I think water is what they will want most did you get the gel stuff with your order???

7. danielbrown

danielbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Spartanburg, sc
    Gamebird starter is fine. some people raise chicks on it.

8. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I'm so glad you found someone to pick up your chicks, "my word" I was beginning to get really worried here!! [​IMG]

9. shaggy

shaggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Orange, Texas
    i went through Dilingham once .... 14 years ago

good luck with the new babies [​IMG]

10. Cackling Hen

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Quote:KattyKillFish
    How are your Babies????? Let us know Hope all is well......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by