Hello, so glad to be here!I’ve learned a lot

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tillie43, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Tillie43

Tillie43 In the Brooder

Apr 15, 2019
    Mid-Michigan
    My chicken adventure started about a year ago working on convincing my husband that raising a small flock of chickens would be something to keep me busy after retiring. It took until February to wear him down. I started with 4 Cornish Cross chicks in a brooder he built. Michigan winter being what they are the brooder stayed in our family room for four weeks then into the garage. He thought they would be a good start because in 8 weeks they would be gone and my desire to raise chickens would be over and done with. Oh boy, was he wrong. He actually enjoyed watching them grow and play as much as I did. That led to adding 8 egg layers the mix. Our flock is mixed breeds (2 Rhode Island Reds, and 1 each Silver Laced Wyandotte, Brahma, Buff Orpington, Brown Leghorn, Plymouth Blue Rock and a White Leghorn rooster named Roscoe. He built the flock a wonderful coop and run and they moved in this past week. They are now nine weeks old and growing fast. The CC have now been processed. I’m so glad to have found BYC as a resource. I’ve learned so much and I’m able to find answers to just about all my questions. Looking forward to many enjoyable years with my ladies.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your flock.

3. Tillie43

Tillie43 In the Brooder

Apr 15, 2019
    Mid-Michigan
  4. Cadence A Waller

Cadence A Waller Crowing

Feb 5, 2019
    Ohio
    Welcome to BYC! :frow So glad that you decided to join us! Would love to see pics of your flock!

5. Cadence A Waller

Cadence A Waller Crowing

Feb 5, 2019
    Ohio
    They are so pretty!:love Love all of the different breeds!

6. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC - it’s great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

7. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Good luck with your layer flock. They are beautiful.

8. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

9. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    :celebrate Welcome to our FUNomenal community! :celebrate

Best wishes and have lots of fun! :wee

10. ClucksAndCombs

ClucksAndCombs Free Ranging

Apr 19, 2018
    New England
    Welcome to BYC!:frow

Feel free to ask questions, there are so many wonderful and knowledgeable people who will answer them :)

Good luck with your flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: