Hello! So happy to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hensandcounsel, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Hensandcounsel

Hensandcounsel New Egg

Nov 27, 2014
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I am in oklahoma and this chicken raising is brand new to me. But I love it! We are interested in having fresh eggs, not interested in eating our chickens. It is very addicting for sure. I started with five chickens, three Rhode Island reds and 2 australorps. They just started laying about a month ago, it has been so fun!!! They roam free in the back yard and provide lots of entertainment. We also have a group of 2 month old baby chicks who we have separated from the big ladies. It appears we may also accidentally have a rooster! We aren't entirely sure... Two of the chicks are Easter Eggers, beautiful silver ladies. Some are also olive egg layers. This is a new adventure, but is so much fun! I have been educating myself with information from backyard chickens for months but thought I should join. Thanks for all the information you have provided me already!

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchaholic Extrordinaire Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Chickens are very addicting! Feel free to post pictures of your possible rooster in the "What Breed or Gender is This" forum and we will be happy to tell you what gender we think he is!

3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
  4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Definitely post a pic of your rooster in question on our What Breed or Gender is This? link that Mountain Peeps left with you, and take advantage of our experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by