Hello There from Northern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blovinchicks, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Blovinchicks

Blovinchicks New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    Oroville CA
    Hi my name is Brandi,
    I live in Northern California. I currently am getting started on doing my own little business of raising and selling chickens. I love all animals, I give my chickens the very best food, love, and care. I handle all my chickens from the time they're small and even as adults. I imprint on them and even snuggle them. My neighbors call me the crazy chicken lady and I smile and say but of course I am. Before raising chickens I did research from the internet, talked to other breeders and professionals. I researched the breeds I wanted to breed and raise. I raise Easter Eggers( Ameraucana), Black Jersey Giants, Buff, Dark, Light Brahmas, Salmon Faverolles and I'm crossing those with Easter Eggers, Dark Rhode Island Reds, and Silver Laced Wyandotte. I'll be selling chicks next year because right now I'm building my flocks up, I'll also be selling eggs for eating as well.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Brandi

Glad you could join us here! Sounds like you have a good business there in the making. It also sounds like you have real love for your birds too, it makes things so much easier when you love doing it. Wishing you the very best of luck for next year when your flock is built up, I hope it all works out for you.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

You won't be a crazy chicken lady here, you'll just be normal. [​IMG]

4. hennypenney

hennypenney Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Galt, CA
    Hi Brandi, welcome and good luck starting your new business. This is great to know as you are fairly close to me. Will you be selling hatching eggs also?

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Brandi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Good luck with your business venture.

Joining your state thread may be useful as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Brandi, glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock.[​IMG]

7. Blovinchicks

Blovinchicks New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    Oroville CA

I'm hoping to sell fertile eggs, I'm doing a test run in my incubator as of now. I only have one laying hen and she's an Easter Egger (Ameraucana) and she's with my other Easter Egger Rooster. Anyhow she just started laying, she's a year old. .I took a few eggs from her to see if they're fertile, so hopefully they are. I'm using the chicks from this hatch to build up my Easter Egger Flock. I also baught 12 fertile eggs from a person that had lavendar Easter Eggers and blue Easter Eggers so we'll see how the hatch turns out. If there are Roosters I'll have to sell them due to the fact that I already have Roosters. I'll post pictures too, and once I start getting eggs next year I'll write to you and let you know. Thank you for welcoming me to BYC. [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Brandi!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It sounds like you have a lot going on with your growing business. Once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade forum and that's for anything from fertile eggs and up.

Good luck to you Brandi!

10. hennypenney

hennypenney Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Galt, CA
    Oh that's awesome Brandi. Keep me posted. They also have a section for selling and buying here on the forum. Great place!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by