Hello there, just introducing myself!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Astrid, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Astrid

Astrid Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hello everyone,
    I just happened upon this site while looking for some info on chicken diarrhea and I"m so excited to sit down and read through the posts!

I live in Connecticut with my husband and daughter who is ten (see my avatar for a picture of Molly and "Sudie" upon the discovery of our very first egg last October!) two dogs, three cats and our four darling hens. Though I've had animals (cats, dogs, horses) all my life I"m new to chickens, and I have to say, we're head over heels in love with our two Buff Orpingtons and two Barred Plymouth Rocks.

This past summer we converted a small room in our old carriage barn to a chicken coop and built an enclosed "chicken run" off the end of the barn to accommodate the four pullets our daughter's friend gave to us. The ladies are quite spoiled, and live in fine style with deep shavings, frequent snacks and tons of attention and love from our family. Our hens actually enjoy being picked up and held, and are producing about three-four eggs per day right now. We enjoy watching them so much that I KNOW we'll never be without hens again!

Well, off to read and learn......there's so much to learn about chickenkeeping, and I'm a bit of a paranoid mom when it comes to doing the right thing for my girls--- I worry about their health and wellbeing, and know that I'll learn lots on this forum!

Happy New Year!

Astrid

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Welcome to BYC chicken crazy people site......... one good thing coming from your chickens "diarrhea" is that you now have a bunch of new informative friendly friends...and some wackos [​IMG] really nice to have new people here....... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Welcome Astrid, you have just read a post from one of the craziest, Okie. [​IMG]

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Welcome Astrid, you are going to love this site.[​IMG]

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:pshhhhhhhhhh NC........... shhhhhhh we might run her off if we post first [​IMG]

6. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    hello welcome

7. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    JJ

8. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    hi Astrid, chat is great too.

9. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    >>>>>>W E L C O M E<<<<<< I'M SURE WE ARE ALL GLAD TO HAVE YOU & THAT INCLUDES.........PURPLECHICKEN.......LOL

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Welcome to the board. Your gonna love it here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by