1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by countrylife17, Apr 6, 2017.

1. countrylife17

countrylife17 New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    Hello all!
    I am new here and I am so thankful there is a support group where there are people who know about precious chickens!

I just recently moved to a house with a huge yard and got a special box from Cackle Hatchery. At this moment, I have 46 chicks and 2 ducks, and I love watching them grow! At this moment, I am still trying to identify all the chicks I have. I know I have Polish chicks, Bantums, Columbia Rock, and cochins. Still Identifying!! I also love gardening and playing with my dogs, Alex and Luna!
    :):)

2. PraiseGod

PraiseGod Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2017
    Heart in Jerusalem
    Welcome!

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    When your chicks are 6-8 weeks old you can post photos at "what breed or gender is this," and get them sorted out for you. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. galean

galean Just Hatched

Apr 6, 2017

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under countrylife17 [​IMG] Welcome & Congratulations!

This is a link to the Breed & Gender Forum Diva mentioned: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Also, you might want to check out the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us [​IMG]

Best wishes
    CT

1 person likes this.
  7. countrylife17

countrylife17 New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    !! Really!! That would be so helpful! I am searching everywhere to look for the same look babies I have haha! I will definitely do that! Thank you so much!![​IMG]

8. galean

galean Just Hatched

Apr 6, 2017
    Hello! I am new to byc. I have a small flock, and am a first timer. I have 5 black sex links and 4 buffs. They are 7 weeks old, and are moving to the back yard this weekend. (Warm here in bama). If anyone can help, i was wondering when i should stop the starter feed?

9. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

10. countrylife17

countrylife17 New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    I read some other thread and most of them recommended at least when they are 16 weeks! Hope this helps!:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by