Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenlady2010, Apr 21, 2017.

1. chickenlady2010

chickenlady2010 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2017
    Hi, there! New member here, but I've been using the site as a resource the last few weeks. We purchased 2 roosters and 13 hens a few weeks ago, babies of course. They are buff orpington. Yesterday, I got 6 more chicks. These were white leghorns and were a straight run, so I have no idea what we have there, but they are about the same age as the ones we already had. As of about 20 minutes ago, we now have two ducks that our friends' teenage daughter got from a boy. She can't keep them at home because they don't allow them in city limits and her old man is the animal control guy! They are technically hers, but guess who's gonna do all the work? Yep, that would be me! lol No worries... I'll make her do some chicken/duck work when she comes out on the weekends. Oh, and did I mention that I also raise kids, am responsible for our 2 dogs, and care for a husband as well? [​IMG] I told my husband yesterday that he's gonna have to start calling me "The Chicken Lady." As of 19 minutes ago, I started thinking, "What did my husband just get me into taking care of ducks too now?" HAHAHA

2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Is it Spring yet?? Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG]

Glad you decided to join us! Congrats & best wishes with your new feathered family members.

3. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Hello and [​IMG] Great to have another poultry lover!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under chickenlady2010 [​IMG] Welcome!

Tee hee .. I hear ya and can relate! We are in the process of a huge move after hubby scored a new job and left 7 weeks ago to start that job and build a coop for the girls who will be flying up [in a plane, not physically [​IMG]] in a couple of weeks to join him and me 5 weeks later. Anywho, I got left with the packing, getting rid of stuff, organising removalists and all the other fun stuff that goes with moving. This is the second time he has done this to me and you think I would have learnt [​IMG]

Anyways, if you have any Duck questions, BYC has a Duck Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

And, if you have not checked it out already, the Learning Centre has some great tips: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by