Hello to all....new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JimH99, Feb 12, 2013.

1. JimH99

JimH99 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    Hello to all members. I just joined and am excited to learn more about chickens of course even though at age 60 and pretty much keeping chickens my entire life you never stop learning about these little creatures. I keep a mixture of breeds, keep them straight or seperate from the others. Have 5 acres in Idaho state located near Lewiston which has awesome climate for keeping and raising chickens. Not too cold and not much rain except in spring time pretty much.
    I also keep bantams and they are all purebred families and I keep them all straight too. I alternate them all and they get to free range on their turns. A few prized ones pretty much stay inside as we do have the occasional hawk problem. I have currently 7 different coops and building fly exercise pens now that I will keep trios etc. for breeding. I am hatching 16 Blue and Partridge Barnevelders currently due on Feb 27 to hatch. I am married and kids are grown and of course moved in all directions being in MI.,Fl, and OR. My wife loves the chickens as much as I do which makes it really fun! I am in commercial insurance business being with same firm 33 years. That pretty much sums it up about myself other than I am really into outdoors, hunting fishing and a lot of camping which is usually close to home here in Idaho. That is why we run all automatic water here so we can leave for a day or two. Looking forward to meeting people on here! Good day......Jim

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, JimH99, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us! Have fun with all those chickens!

4. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from Florida!!! Welcome to BYC!
    I love hunting an fishing an taking care of chickens to!!!!!!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Jim, your life and interests sound very much like mine. At 71+ I learn something new about these birds daily. Welcome to BYC.

6. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]From Kansas! Glad you're here! [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you've joined us.

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Hi Jim! [​IMG]Welcome to BYC! Blue and Partridge Barnevelders! AWESOME!! Good luck with your hatch! [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by