1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello to all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Flamineagle, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Flamineagle

Flamineagle Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member here, and reading as much as I can about Chickens. My twelve year old son and I got our first set of chickens this April, from a woman in Bellingham. She gave them all to me for free! She lives in the city limits, and gets people dropping off chickens frequently. She gave us for free, 3 sebrights, 3 rosecombs, a polish crested ( we named Einstein), and a rhode island red bantam named Weasel! All the chickens were about 4 months old. She has been a blessing to us, and very helpful with information about raising chickens. She also told me about this web site, and I finally took the time to join!

We are very happy to be here![​IMG]

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Sound like you hit the ground running!.. Welcome!

3. Flamineagle

Sep 25, 2010
  4. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Hello from Central NY! [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Congrats on getting chickens and joining us.

Bellingham, Washington?

Check out the Washingtonians thread in the Where are you forum. Lots of nice people there.

Imp

6. Flamineagle

Sep 25, 2010
    Quote:wow you have quite the selection! I do love my silkies, and looking for a lavender hen to add to my flock.
    I know, the fancys are just for looking, so I am also looking into a breed of meat chicken that won't harm my fancy's [​IMG]
    Maybe I will stay with the Rhode Island reds, for both meat and eggs. They are very docile too.

7. Flamineagle

Sep 25, 2010
    Quote:Yes Bellingham Washington! Okay I will took for the Washingtonians thread! Thank you Imp![​IMG]

8. Flamineagle

Sep 25, 2010
    *look, sorry typo:p

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Welcome! What a beautiful variety of chickens you have! Enjoy them! My son is 17 and just loves the chickens. It's amazing how many people who have never even seen a live chicken up close....I really enjoy showing them and watching how amazed visitors get when they actually touch a live chicken......So much fun!

Maybe your son would enjoy 4-H! That's a great program for kids......gives them something to do and friends with something in common.....

Sharon

10. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:frow

Welcome from Florida!!

Lisa [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by