Hello

Violetray

Hatching
Sep 26, 2015
UK
Hi there everyone
frow.gif

Well, I have just become the proud owner of a black rock and a sussex (pictures to follow :) ) and thought I could do with some online support as I am new to the game. I have read up on all I need to know but thought..what better than joining a forum :) so...hellooooo :)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Black Rock is one of several labels (a common one in the UK) under which some hatcheries market their Black Sex Links which are very friendly and hardy laying machines. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from that girl. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on getting your first chickens! Are they still little chicks or are they older?

You'll find a lot of support here, everyone is very good at sharing information and providing help.

Thanks for joining us!

Hi there :)

They are 24 weeks old and have just started laying. I have had them for two weeks and the difference in them from when they first arrived has been amazing. They were shy and confused and now they are roaming and following me around :) I have just learned the noise that they make immediately before they lay and after..haha, they certainly let you know!! :)

Back
Top Bottom