1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fearnowsh, Feb 1, 2016.

1. fearnowsh

fearnowsh Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2016
    Western Central Michigan
    Hello! My husband and I are planning on getting ducks and geese this year. It will be our first time raising any kind of poultry. I was a little surprised to see so many duck lovers on the sight when I first started looking around, but I'm glad there are! I've already found some good advise as well. I'm looking forward to getting to know more duck and chicken lovers! [​IMG]

2. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I don't keep ducks and geese but I'm sure if you pop by the other poultry section of the forum the duck and geese keepers there will be able to help you with all your questions. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry

Wishing you the very best of luck getting started with your poultry adventures.

Enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks and geese (although I've had a few), but definitely post on the link that Yorkshire coop left with you and take advantage of our duck and geese experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    I think I welcomed you on your other post, but just in case...[​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I also welcomed you on another post - makes it confusing for us.

8. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome - no need to worry about confusing me - its my perpetual state of mind [​IMG]

All the best with your new adventure

CT

9. fearnowsh

fearnowsh Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2016
    Western Central Michigan
    Sorry about the confusion. I made this post first. however when I went to look for the post again, it did not appear. My profile even said that I hadn't made any posts. So of course I went and made another one thinking I did something wrong and the first post never went through, and then both appeared... [​IMG] Such is my luck in life though.

10. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    We all have experienced similar things before - haven't we Kim? [​IMG]

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by