Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mudbillkisses, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Mudbillkisses

Mudbillkisses Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2016
    My name is Lisa, and my husband and I started raising ducks 7 years ago. We have a cozy backyard with our flock of 2- Persimmon and Lucy. Since we started on this duck adventure- we have lost 3 beloved pets starting in July 2014 each from very different circumstances. With our experience so far we have a full appreciation for how much of an impact our feathered friends have on us and us on them. We went into our journey with ducks thinking we were well informed and yet over the years we've found that we have more to learn. I realize now how much nicer it could have been to be apart of a forum like this. That's why I'm here!

EVELINE - PEKIN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sweetest disposition with a dependent and loyal personality. Awesome cuddler.

ELIOT - CAYUGA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Incredibly sassy, curious and engaging. The best gardner's side- kick, loudest greeter and gatherer, and protective companion.

PIPPIN- ANCONA

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very beautiful, serious with an intense and skeptical personality. Sadly, we didn't get to know her very long.

PERSI- ANCONA

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very clingy and affectionate with a slightly neurotic personality. Excellent forager. She will follow on command and is obsessed with dried meal worms.

LUCY- MUSCOVY

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Super animated, and interested in everything all the time. Tries to eat most things. Extremely hardy and low maintenance. Strong personality with a surprisingly calm disposition.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great ducks and thanks for sharing the photos. After so many years looking after ducks i have no doubt that you have lots of experience that other BYC duck peeps will benefit from.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, thank you for introducing your lovely ducks to us. I think Evelin is my favorite. Do you have any as house pets? You might be interested in the thread "show us your house ducks."

1 person likes this.
  5. Mudbillkisses

Feb 21, 2016
    Thank you!

6. Mudbillkisses

Feb 21, 2016
    Thank you!!! Eveline and Eliot were indoor ducks for the first year of their lives but most of the time our ducks are outdoors. We do have harnesses for the rare times we bring them in- like when the winters get too harsh. I'll have to check out that thread, thanks!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You are very welcome. I knew people have chickens for house pets ( my friend has 3) but, until I stumbled across the thread for house ducks, I was not aware of that movement.

Apparently some folks have geese as house pets also but, I would think smaller birds would do better inside.

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Beautiful ducks! Wow!

9. Mudbillkisses

Feb 21, 2016
    Thank you, NickyKnack!! My husband and I came across some great advise from this site along the way. Don't know why it took me so long to join, but very glad I did! I intent to take full advantage of the other folks and their experience. I am slowly but surely learning how to navigate.

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

You're welcome! Yeah, I can feel ya. I'm better navigating the site on mobile. But when I'm on desktop, there are a lot of nice features only available there. :lol: So I go back and forth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by