1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ashleyzoso, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ashleyzoso

ashleyzoso Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2016
    Nc
    Hi,
    I'm a very time time lurker but finally decided to participate! Over the past few years I've kept several breeds of chickens and I've always found all the answers to my questions on these forums! I'm also an heirloom gardener who enjoys learning about permaculture.
    Breeds I owned: Red Stars, Black stars, Barred Rocks, Easter Eggers, buff brahmas,some type of partridge bantam...

My favorites have been barred rocks for their social personalities and my easter eggers for their gorgeous eggs and cute ear tufts and muffs.

I'm in the process of switching over our farm to all heritage breeds with a goal of preservation and conservation. I'm interested in icelandic chickens and Ancona ducks.

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Welcome to BYC, thats a good start, it is always good to help heritage breeds.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you decided to join us!! Sounds like you have a lovely mixed flock [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by