Hello :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by littleindie, Mar 2, 2016.

1. littleindie

littleindie New Egg

Mar 2, 2016
    West Coast, Tasmania.
    Hi there :)

I am new to the site, came wandering looking for help identifying some ducks that we are receiving today (posted on the duck board), we were building a yard for chickens to start with but are now going to duck way first.

We are all the way over in Tasmania (AUS) in a tiny little town, really looking forward to supplying the household with fresh eggs down the track (and the neighbors as well). I couldn't seem to find an Aussie forum that was active that would be there for any questions/problems or even just bragging if we run into any issues ;)

Feeling a little out of my depth seeing as I have been preparing for chickens, but anxiously awaiting hubby to get home with our new family any moment now.

2. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. There is a Duck section in the 'Other Backyard Poultry' forum. You may want to study the threads there and post any questions that you may have. Good luck.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome, there is a very active Aussie thread called "Australia, six states and one funny little island." BYC has a large Aussie community scattered all over any threads they like. You can also find some at the Emu threads.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

8. littleindie

littleindie New Egg

Mar 2, 2016
    West Coast, Tasmania.
    Thanks everyone. We now have 10 new family members settling into life with us. It was very surreal this afternoon after wanting chickens for so long, (even though they are ducks haha, but the chickens will come next)

9. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Enjoy your birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by