1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lauriejo, May 20, 2016.

1. lauriejo

lauriejo New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Mancelona mi.
    Lauriejo from N.Michigan here! Love the site and pics! Im a newbie chicken owner. 2 weeks...so far so good. I bought adult hens. Getting a dozen every other day!!
    I have 7 hens and 1 banty rooster. One hen is a banty tooo. She lays the biggest easter eggs!!
    Trying to teach them how to get to their outdoor pen. Fun!!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Congrats on your new flock! It can take chickens a while to learn routines, where things are located and just calm down in general. Don't rush them to learn too fast. Once they settle in, they will know the ropes and be comfortable and happy.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Lauriejo

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on getting your new chicken adventures started :clap
    It sounds like your egg production is very good. You really can't beat fresh eggs!!
    The learning centre has some great articles that I'm sure you will find most helpful, please do pop by if you get chance ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like you have some serious layers in your flock. Would love to see a photo of your bantam hen,

6. lauriejo

lauriejo New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Mancelona mi.
    Morning!!! Well been 3months with my 7 girls and 1very busy banty roo!!
    My female banty has started brooding. Any tips? The other girls still lay in the same nest,and will stay while the banty eats and such..she's sitting on 3 eggs since the 24th of July! Hoping to have some new additions!!

7. lauriejo

lauriejo New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Mancelona mi.
    Well....my banty did hatch her egg...then pecked her chick to death.shes a feisty little B!!! Trying now to get one of her eggs to incubate now..

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by