Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Alley101, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Alley101

Alley101 Just Hatched

Aug 22, 2016
    NY
    Hi,

my name is Alley (@Alley101) and I'm a chicken enthusiast who hopes to start a flock of my own soon!

I hope to make lots of new friends who enjoy chickens as much as I do!

- Alley

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, Alley! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

We are so glad to have you![​IMG] Have you checked out our learning center yet? It's the perfect place to satisfy all your chicken enthusiasm cravings. [​IMG] https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Feel free to ask any questions. We are happy to help.[​IMG] Good luck planning for your flock!

3. Alley101

Alley101 Just Hatched

Aug 22, 2016
    NY

Thanks! I've been a long time fan of BYC and I browse the forums daily. I'm glad I finally joined this wonderful group of people! I love reading from the Learning Center. It's great information for the newbie like myself!

Thanks for the warm welcome, @Mountain Peeps !

- Alley

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    I remember stalking BYC long before joining too.[​IMG]

You're very welcome![​IMG]

5. Alley101

Alley101 Just Hatched

Aug 22, 2016
    NY

Thanks again! ;)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Alley. I think most of us lurked on BYC before joining. It was 8 mos. before I did but, mainly because I didn't know how to use a computer.

7. Alley101

Alley101 Just Hatched

Aug 22, 2016
    NY

Thanks! Nice to meet you too!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Alley, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard. BYC is a great place to do your chicken homework. The Learning Center that Mountain Peeps suggested is awesome. Do some research there and when it's time for you to get your flock you will be ahead of the game. Best wishes and enjoy your chickens! :weee

9. Alley101

Alley101 Just Hatched

Aug 22, 2016
    NY

Thanks, @redsoxs ! I've been reading up a lot, and I think I'm ready! What do you guys think about Ideal Poultry Hatchery?

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I just received a dozen baby chicks from Ideal last Thursday. All arrived happy and healthy. It was the 3rd time I've used them - twice chickens, once for ducks. I really like them. My only only hesitation would be that Ideal is in Texas and you are in NY. Long trip. Murray McMurray out of Iowa would be a little closer...might be the difference between an extra day in the mail. Here's the link to breeders and hatcheries. Maybe you can find something closer...biggest issue might be time of year. Seems like primarily the bigger outfits are the only ones selling chicks this time of year, whereas spring and summer everyone is. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16/chicken-breeders-hatcheries
    Good luck to you, Alley! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by