Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Benny Rocadas, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Benny Rocadas

Benny Rocadas New Egg

Aug 26, 2016
    Hi
    In spite the my nick name I am a female[​IMG]
    I have just started raising backyard chickens since end of June so very new to this even though my parents always had chickens and still do in my home country ( Portugal)
    I ave 2 Araucanas 1 RIR 1 Sussex and one Australorp that we just found out is a Rooster ( I have to give him away). I also had a Barred Rock that also turned out to be a rooster and had to be given away she/he was the peace keeper in the run beautiful bird named George way before we knew it was a boy. I am so sad to have to let my 2 beautiful birds away .so I am leaning all I can about the differences between male and female of those two breeds in order to purchase one of each in September
    Looking forward to great chickens conversations.

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Sounds like a nice flock! I'm sorry to hear about your roosters, we also had a Barred Rock "pullet" who turned out to be a roo. It can be so difficult to tell when they are so young. Thanks for joining us and good luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Benny, and :welcome. Great to have you here! Enjoy your flock and thank you for joining BYC! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Happy to meet you Benny, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Benny and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

All the best
    CT

6. Egg - Static

Egg - Static Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2016
    Mississippi
    Welcome Benny! I hope you have a great time here at BYC!

P.S.. Love the barred rock avatar... or Plymouth Rock avatar.

7. Benny Rocadas

Benny Rocadas New Egg

Aug 26, 2016
    Hi
    Thank you. It is a Barred Rock that sadly we had to give away because it was a rooster." She 'was named George after general George Washington since day one she(later found to be he) displayed very bossy behavior and let the others know who was in charge. George loved the swing that my husband made for the run. We miss George so much.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by