Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AWickedChicken, Sep 20, 2016.

1. AWickedChicken

AWickedChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2016
    I'm kinda sorta new, I usually google my questions and it always leads me to answers from all of you wonderful people so I thought, after four months, why not become a member! :D This year my fiance and his family bought me nineteen chicks and built me a chicken mansion and now my chickies are starting to lay so I have a feeling I'm going to have loads more questions coming soon!

My Chickies are as listed:
    Two Rhode Island Red Roosters (Joker and Deadpool)
    One Rhode Island Red Hen (Harley) I used to have two hens but an incident with a raccoon ended with us losing three chickens
    One Silkie Rooster (Viserys) He's the king of the coop since his bigger brother King Aries died in the battle with the raccoon
    One Silkie Hen (Daenerys) The queen of the coop since her big sister Lyanna died protecting the bannies from the raccoon
    One Old English Red Pyle Bantam Rooster (Ghost because he was originally all white then started browning in as he got older)
    Silver Sebright Bantam Hen (Gray Wind) Yes we like Game Of Thrones but her name really matches her because she loves to "fly"
    Golden Sebright Bantam Hen (Shaggy Chicken) Originally Shaggy Rooster till we realized she was not a rooster.
    White Laced Red Cornish Rocks (Craster) Because he is the only one who hates me even though I was the only one at the store that wanted him. I honestly think it's because I'm a woman because he has no problem with my fiance or his dad.
    Seven Isa Brown Hens (Pearl, Cat, Arya, Sansa, Summer, Lady, and Nymeria)

And as of today those are my pretty chickies :D

2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens! That is quite the variety you have there! I personally do not have any of those breeds, but I am hoping to get silkies! I hope you enjoy Backyard chickens and have as much fun on here as I have.

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Sounds like you have some nice egg layers and some cute little banty's. I love love the silkie. I hatch them often..just a few photos for fun. Post some of yours when you can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Sounds like a great flock! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'm sure anyone here would be happy to help. Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. AWickedChicken

AWickedChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2016
    Thank you for the welcome guys! And gorgeous Silkies Cynthia12!! I don't have any good pictures as of right now, sadly. The last time I did a Chickie Photo Shoot(What I like to call it (:) ) was when they were itty bitties:
    [​IMG]

These are from not too long ago with them all together:
    [​IMG]

Our Handsome Silkie Rooster Viserys in the center:
    [​IMG]

Our White Laced Cornish Rocks, Craster in the center and Harley, our RIR hen to the left with Lady one of our Isa Browns behind him, Shaggy Chicken the Golden Sebright under him and Cat, another Isa Brown in the bottom left corner
    [​IMG]

Golden Sebright hen, Shaggy Chicken, standing in front of Summer an Isa Brown
    [​IMG]

Four of our Isa Browns, Lady, Cat, Pearl, and Summer with Gray Wind our Silver Sebright hen in the middle.
    [​IMG]

Ghost our Old English Red Pyle rooster with Joker our RIR rooster.
    [​IMG]

Deadpool the RIR rooster and Daenerys our Silkie hen in the background with Nymeria and Arya our Isa Browns
    [​IMG]

My attempt to get them all together
    [​IMG]

Our first eggs! Still not sure who is laying what though :/ All are different sizes with three being different shades of brown and three being creamish off white colored...
    [​IMG]

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Nice! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adorable!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, WickedChicken, and :welcome. Pleased you join us! Sounds like a great mix of birds you have there! Enjoy and feel free to ask any questions along the way.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

The roosters you call "White Laced Cornish Rocks" are actually neither Cornish nor Rocks, they are Red Sex Links.

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by