Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Deitrader, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Deitrader

Deitrader Just Hatched

Nov 6, 2016
    NW Washington
    I've been viewing and reading posts on this site for a few weeks now and finally got around to making time to join and say hello. My GF and I started our chicken adventure around Labor Day after (what we felt was) an acceptable amount of research and due diligence and little more. 2 each of 3 breeds: Maran, Lace Wing and Ameraucana. Fall chicks (now pullets obviously) brought with them some unplanned for challenges over the course of the first few weeks but our brood appears to be happy and healthy. One of our marans turned out to be a rooster (my profile pic) which was also unplanned for but our closest neighbor is +/- 10 acres of corn field away so we plan on just keeping him around.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thank you to the BYC site owners and all of the folks whose posts/contributions have been such a help to me over the past couple of months!

Thanks!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your flock.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Deitrader, and :welcome. Great to have you in our community! Pleased you have found BYC useful and thanks for joining!

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Glad you could join us, and I hope you make yourselves at home here!

5. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC.

6. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] It is wonderful to have you!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you join us! I always felt like getting your first chicks was like having your first baby...you can read all the books you want and think you're ready but when the time comes, it's a new ballgame, lol. Sounds like you are doing well with your flock and that's a very handsome roo you have.

9. ilene107

ilene107 New Egg

Nov 6, 2016
    [​IMG]. My beautiful girls and the "girl" who got me in trouble. Where do I get copies of other towns chicken ordinances so I can try to get Mokena's changed? I have a place to rehome my roo and my girls, but I really don't want to give up the girls. They're so friendly , so entertaining and my granddaughter adores them.

10. Deitrader

Deitrader Just Hatched

Nov 6, 2016
    NW Washington
    Thanks! He's turning out to be a bit of a handful but more entertaining than anything else. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by