Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by susiejl, Feb 5, 2017.

1. susiejl

susiejl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2017
    Oklahoma
    Hi all, new here from Oklahoma. I just got 3 baby ducks I'm trying to raise, and in looking for care instructions I found this place. It's been a long long time since I raised farm animals so I need a refresher course lol.
    Well have a great day, Susie

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] So glad you have joined us.

You should visit the Learning Center - there's loads of great articles there you may find helpful.

Posting specific concerns on the Ducks forum would be the most expedient way to get the help you need.

Congrats on getting your flock. I have experience only with chickens, but ducks are lovely and fun.

3. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    Hi welcome, check the duck thread everything you need to know will be there. Good luck bet they are cute little birds...

4. susiejl

susiejl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2017
    Oklahoma
    Thanks, I just found the duck forum.

There's 3 chickens on the farm but they are my boyfriends, so I haven't messed with them much. :)

5. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    @susieji always a good plan[​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Looks like sunflour gave you some great places to gather some info so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Susie, it's nice you've joined us!

Ducklings are about the cutest babies of all (even though my chicks were pretty adorable too, lol). In addition to the duck forum, there are some good articles about duck care in the Learning Center.

Congrats on getting your ducks!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Susie [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]Susie, nice to meet you. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by