Hello!

GeneralLeia

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2017
Hi,

We did that thing where we acquired chickens before building the coop. So we are working on that now, using mostly recycled materials, and fortunately we have an unused concrete slab on our property.

The chicks have been enjoying their Mama Heating Pad cave, so grateful I found that thread here!

welcome-byc.gif
Great to have another poultry lover! Enjoy them while they are young they grow up to fast!
hit.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us. Good luck with your coop build!

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Good to hear that the MHP is working well for you.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
CT
Thank you! I will do that!

Good, a concrete base will keep rodents from digging up through the bottom. How large do you plan to make the coop?

Still somewhat up in the air! Large enough for 6, though we only have 5 chicks (and we can't be 100% that a couple of them are pullets). With a connected run, walk in height, and then an additional "free ranging" yard.

Thank you everyone!

G’Day from down under GeneralLeia
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom