Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by whizbdawn, Mar 6, 2017.

1. whizbdawn

whizbdawn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2017
    [​IMG]New to this forum. I have cochins right now. I will get other breeds later. I am interested in heritage breed animals for my small farm.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Overrun With Chickens

Jan 18, 2017
    Naboo
    My Coop
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, whizbdawn, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I love cochins! Don't have any right now but have in the past - so friendly. There is likely a cochin thread in the link below if you'd like to chat with other keepers of the breed: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/general-breed-discussions-faq/
    I also typed in a BYC search using the terms 'heritage breed" if you'd like to read through some old posts: https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=heritage+breeds
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

All the best
    CT

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

7. whizbdawn

Mar 6, 2017
    Thank you everyone.

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under whizbdawn [​IMG] Welcome!

Beautiful Cochins!!

As you have already received links to some good starting points from redsoxs, I will just wish you and your flock all the best.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thanks for joining us at Backyard chickens. Your cochins are beautiful.

10. whizbdawn

Mar 6, 2017
    Thank you. I have 2 matching hens as well. 1 is sitting on her eggs. 1st time mom. Im excited to see what I get. I am also getting started with red wattle pigs. I have dogs, cats and a horse as well. Yep. They have me well trained. :) I live in CA, USA where my greatest adventure is living off the grid, slowly developing my property. Solar power only and loving it. I have always had animals and dont want to live anywhere without them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by