Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MendozaChicks, Mar 12, 2017.

1. MendozaChicks

MendozaChicks Just Hatched

Mar 12, 2017
    Northglenn CO
    Hello all...I am new to chickens. We now are proud parents of 2 rhode island reds and 2 California greys. I have already learned so much in the past couple of days and am excited to watch them grow.

2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    :welcome and to the fun of owning chickens! You'll soon require more chickens because those 4 won't be enough ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224 (assuming you are based in the states, of course [​IMG])

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, MendozaChicks, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! CTKen gave you some great links to read and research. I wish you well on your chicken expedition and thank you for joining BYC! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under MendozaChicks [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links to some great starting points, I will just wish you and your flock all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by