1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Officer495, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Officer495

Officer495 New Egg

Mar 15, 2017
    Hello! So, I'm Officer. I've been stalking this site for a couple months now and finally decided to join. I've had chickens for a few years now I think and I currently have probable a medium sized mixed flock. I currently have-
    4 road island red hens.
    1 bantam rooster of a unknown breed- (Nicknamed the Banshee)
    1 broiler hen.
    1 Red ranger rooster. - Probable my favorite and sweetest rooster I've ever had. He loves to get picked up and held and cuddled, And He has never been aggressive to any of the other chickens. He's my bby. ;-;
    2 Bantam cochins, 1 hen, 1 roo. ( Named Chica and El Toro )
    2 Silkies, 1 hen, And 1 roo (Named Charlie and Que )
    2 black roosters of a unknown breed? (Plans to turn them into dinner)

Somewhere along the way I ended up with a bunch of roosters. Oops. Luckily I've only ever had 1 rooster that was too aggressive, And He was quickly made dinner.

After that, I have a few dogs. A couple outdoor cats, And two indoor ones. (Miss Kitty and Juvy ) I have 1 cockatiel. And my dad raises fish. Tilapia to be specific.

So, Hi!

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :welcome

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am glad you joined us!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Officer, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Best wishes to you and your flock! [​IMG]

6. Officer495

Officer495 New Egg

Mar 15, 2017
    Thank you all for the welcoming! :D

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! There is an unbelievable source of great knowledge on here and wonderful, friendly folks! I do hope you'll make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Officer [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you'd like to know the identity of your bantam rooster and/or an other unknowns - post photos at "what breed or gender is this." and Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by