Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jsipes, Mar 20, 2017.

1. jsipes

jsipes Just Hatched

Mar 20, 2017
    My family has two eastern wild turkey hens named Beeker and Beans, a royal palm hen named Taco and a royal palm tom named Tom (super creative there, lol), a Chinese goose named Sue and a Sebastopol gander named Gus, and two chicken hens; a golden sex link named Cookie and a black australorp named Raven. We initially got the turkeys for eggs, but our "flock" grew fairly rapidly because they're all so stinking adorable.

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under jsipes [​IMG] Welcome!

BYC has Turkey and Geese Forums that you might also be interested in:

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Please make yourself at home.

Best wishes
    CT

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, jsipes, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best wishes to you and your geese and turkeys! [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you join us!

6. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! I hope you like it here!

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to BYC! I am quite glad you joined us, please make yourself at home, I think you are going to like it here! :frow

~Cuz

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. rooty

rooty Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Alabama
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  10. jsipes

jsipes Just Hatched

Mar 20, 2017
    Thank you for all the welcomes. Our flock has expanded a bit, again. We have four little turkeys and two little goslings now. Two of the turkeys and one of the goslings were hatched by our very broody Taco. Well, we took the goose egg from Taco when her eggs hatched and put it in the incubator. Once that one hatched I put in five goose eggs and two turkey gags in the incubator. Sadly, only one of the goose eggs made it to hatch, two didn't develop at all, one looked like it had started developing but didn't make it past two weeks and another had a blood ring around the same time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by