Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by donaldphelps, Apr 30, 2017.

1. donaldphelps

donaldphelps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2017
    Cincinnati OH
    Hello everyone! My name is Don and I am brand new to the world of chickens. So new in fact I don't have any. I have always wanted chickens for eggs. I eat a lot of eggs. I also am very particular about the food I eat so I want the best possible eggs I can get. So I have finally decided after talking about it for years that I am jumping in. I am currently working on my coop and then I will be getting the chickens. I have a basic knowledge of how to raise them but I am also an information junkie so I will be using this site to gain much more wisdom and knowledge from everyone. I am planning on starting with just 4-6 chickens.

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :welcome

3. MrsAuberry00

MrsAuberry00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Hi, Don. I'm new here, and to the world of chickens, as well. I didn't start out with any knowledge of chickens except they poop and lay eggs...I underestimated the amount of poop part. [​IMG] Good luck on your chicken adventure!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Don, the best place to start out would be the Learning Center above, then branch out to forums that interest you. [​IMG]

5. snow5164

snow5164 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2015
    Canada
    Welcome don,
    So smart to make the coop then get the chickens ... it takes planning to do it right and I'd say you are on the right track!!

You will enjoy haveing fresh eggs , I still smile when I collect mine and I'm allergic to eggs!!!

Have fun and read lots

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Don [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive or of your coop build, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by