Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by melodystar, May 5, 2017.

1. melodystar

melodystar Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2017
    Perth, ON
    Hi there. I'm new to the site, and to chickening. I'm loving my chickens so far!! I have 3 assorted hens and a very handsome rooster, and 13 eggs in the incubator, so fingers crossed that my flock will grow pretty soon. :)

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG] and Welcome to BYC!
    What breeds do you have? I hope egg hatching is successful!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sounds like you have a lovely little flock there :D
    Good luck with your hatch, I too have eggs cooking at the moment. 9 goose eggs on day 5 and I can't wait for the day 10 candling.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

4. melodystar

May 5, 2017
    Perth, ON
    Thank you! I figured I should join, since literally every chicken-related question I ask Google leads me here. What a knowledgable bunch. :)

5. melodystar

May 5, 2017
    Perth, ON
    Hi there! I have a Sultan Bantam, a black bantie hen and bantie cross (not sure with what) rooster, and a Blue Wyandotte hen. I'm incubating a few eggs from the bantie girls (really hoping for another sultan, but I think one of the 2 eggs is dead now, so we will see), and started out with a dozen Buff Orpington eggs in the incubator. I'm down to 9 of the orpington eggs. I think the next batch I try to incubate will probably be more successful, since I'm still figuring it all out.

So many emotions trying to hatch these eggs! I really hope they don't all die!! Come on little babies!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    To have Sultan chicks both parents need to be purebred Sultans. Sending good hatching vibes your way [​IMG]

7. melodystar

May 5, 2017
    Perth, ON
    Yes, of course. The sultan eggs I'm incubating are from her first few days with us, so I'm just crossing my fingers they were fertilized by the matching rooster I accidentally bought her with (whooops! The bird auction was crazy!)[​IMG]

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under melodystar [​IMG] Welcome!

I have my fingers crossed for you and a successful hatch.

I am also hoping you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

9. melodystar

May 5, 2017
    Perth, ON
    Haha...thanks! I could enter home video territory quite easily. I'm obsessed with my silly chickens!

Will say hi in the thread you linked. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by