Hello

The rooster mom

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2017
My name is Caroline and my family and I just got our first home with land. I'm wanting to homestead for multiple reasons. Good wholesome food for our table, teaching my children a good work ethic and a love and respect for animals that I have.
I grew up on a small farm was a member of 4-H and FFA. Also I was in ARBA, FRBA, and CFRBA (all rabbit clubs) I was a big breader of rabbits when I was young. I also got into goats mainly Nubians. My brother was more into the chickens, but I did help out a lot.
Now that I have the chance to teach my children this way of life I want to start with chickens. I have not been able to get any yet, but have been making plans and am about to get my setup togeather.

My name is Caroline and my family and I just got our first home with land. I'm wanting to homestead for multiple reasons. Good wholesome food for our table, teaching my children a good work ethic and a love and respect for animals that I have.
I grew up on a small farm was a member of 4-H and FFA. Also I was in ARBA, FRBA, and CFRBA (all rabbit clubs) I was a big breader of rabbits when I was young. I also got into goats mainly Nubians. My brother was more into the chickens, but I did help out a lot.
Now that I have the chance to teach my children this way of life I want to start with chickens. I have not been able to get any yet, but have been making plans and am about to get my setup togeather.
Welcome to BYC! You should check out the homesteading thread! Bet you would enjoy it.
Lots of good information here, and great people to learn from and chat with. Again, welcome.

Wow sound like you great Mom, Welcome to Backyard Chickens a great deal of everything here at your finger tips a great place for you and your kids

G’Day from down under Caroline :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

This article may help you decide on the breed of chicken you would like: Pickin a Chicken

You might also be interested in downloading this free e-book My First Year With Chickens

The Learning Centre is a great resource. Personally, I have also found the Topic of the Week articles to be a good resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Good luck and best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom