Hello

Sbosarge

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2018
Fayette, Alabama
My name is Stacy. I've owned chickens for several years just for hobby. Different breeds. I currently have a few Ranger hybrids but looking to expand my flock. I work as a paramedic and have a husband. No children as I cant have any. I rescue dogs and currently have 9 of my own. Most of them rescues that can not be rehomed. I live live in Alabama and have been here since 2005. I am raised in Alaska.

G’Day from down under Stacy :frow Welcome!

Kudos to you for giving the dogs a second chance at a nice life :clap

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

I note you mention you are in Alabama, but if you include your general location on your profile, this will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. These two in particular may be of interest to you with your flock expansion plans:
Topic of the Week - Integrating Chicks into an Adult Flock
[URL='https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1164542/topic-of-the-week-adding-new-chickens-to-the-flock/0_30']Topic of the Week - Adding New Chickens to the Flock
[/URL]

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or dogs, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Hello Stacy and welcome to BYC! So glad you're here!

Nine dogs, huh? That's quite a pack! Gotta catch that flock of yours up with those dogs!
I do!!! Lol. I have 5 rangers running around. They have been laying great through the winter. I had Delaware, these rangers and RIR but they where killed by possums and the rest by stray dogs that got into my (their) 30x70 area last fall. The 5 rangers are now free range on 2 acres and roost in the trees. I'm re enforcing my area for my chickens in hopes I wont lose them again when I start over this year.

G’Day from down under Stacy :frow Welcome!

Kudos to you for giving the dogs a second chance at a nice life :clap

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

I note you mention you are in Alabama, but if you include your general location on your profile, this will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. These two in particular may be of interest to you with your flock expansion plans:
Topic of the Week - Integrating Chicks into an Adult Flock
Topic of the Week - Adding New Chickens to the Flock

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or dogs, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)
Thanks! I added my location in my profile .

Greetings and welcome to BYC Stacy! So glad you joined us. How can you afford all the dog food? Guess you'll be able to feed them eggs :) There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Hope you enjoy the site!

Back
Top Bottom