Hello!

nrsbekah

In the Brooder
May 4, 2019
Colorado
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are going to be getting chickens in the spring. We want to have a coop and run ready and as much education about keeping hens as we can before we start.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None yet.

(3) What breeds do you have?
None yet.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We are excited to have fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Garden, fish, hike, knit, reading.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am married and we have an 11yr old boy. We have 3 dogs, 2 geckos, 1 snake and a bearded dragon. I am a nurse and work with medically fragile pediatric patients in their homes, I am a homeschooling momma and we are just starting our little homestead in the city.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found out about BYC when I was researching having backyard chickens. We also were encouraged to join this community by a Homestead Supply store in our area.

Welcome Bekah, hope you will enjoy Backyard Chickens as much as we do. When do you find time to have other hobbies?

I just get them in when I can. I work outside of the home 54 hrs/wk, homeschool and garden right now. My hubby has been fishing without me =( We hike for school stuff, learning to forage and being able to identify edible plants. I knit a few rows whenever I have a minute or two and I read when I can or listen to audiobooks when I am doing other things.

Back
Top Bottom