Hello

Melontine

Songster
May 26, 2019
Maine
Hello, I'm Cora.
I started raising chickens just last year. We started with six buff Orpington chicks and decided to try adding another six chicks every year or so.
Right now I have five buff Orpington hens and six chicks
We only have Orpingtons right now, but one of these years I'm going to branch out a bit more. So far we really love this breed.
We started for the eggs, just making a little homestead for ourselves. I find the chickens we have to be quite the characters though, they're always following us around the yard while we work.
I do lots of work with agriculture and animals. I foster kittens for the local animal shelter and do a bit of gardening when the season's right.
My family is quite large, there's me, my parents, my sister, and two brothers. We also have one or two foreign exchange students during the school year. As for other pets... Four cats and three small dogs. We're trying not to add another one, but maybe we'll start with some ducks or other animals.

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom