Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Melontine, May 26, 2019.

1. Melontine

Melontine In the Brooder

May 26, 2019
    Maine
    Hello, I'm Cora.
    I started raising chickens just last year. We started with six buff Orpington chicks and decided to try adding another six chicks every year or so.
    Right now I have five buff Orpington hens and six chicks
    We only have Orpingtons right now, but one of these years I'm going to branch out a bit more. So far we really love this breed.
    We started for the eggs, just making a little homestead for ourselves. I find the chickens we have to be quite the characters though, they're always following us around the yard while we work.
    I do lots of work with agriculture and animals. I foster kittens for the local animal shelter and do a bit of gardening when the season's right.
    My family is quite large, there's me, my parents, my sister, and two brothers. We also have one or two foreign exchange students during the school year. As for other pets... Four cats and three small dogs. We're trying not to add another one, but maybe we'll start with some ducks or other animals.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Cora. Hope you will enjoy Backyard Chickens as much as we do. :frow

3. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock and your garden!

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME! Exchange students. That's great that your family can do that for them.

6. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Cora :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

7. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

8. Hi! Welcome! My three buff Orpingtons are in my avatar photo. They like watching the sun set!

9. rjohns39

rjohns39 Wrangler

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi Cora and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

10. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal community! :celebrate Best wishes and have lots of fun! :wee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: