1. DogIsMyShepherd

DogIsMyShepherd Chirping

Friday
    Canada
    Hi my names Allison I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I’m a nurse. And I love animals! My best friend is my 100lbs lapdog German Shepherd Bear. I have 2 cats Princess and Dakota, and an African grey parrot Lexy. I have a female Muscovy named Teddy who is so sweet(except for when she was sitting on eggs) she comes to be petted, wags her tail and will eat out of your hand, she will also let you pick her up no problem, she will be a year on August 6 which just so happens to be my birthday isn’t that cool she hatched on my birthday.

I also have a baby Muscovy named Hope she hatched( the only one of teddy’s Babies that survived) June 13. As well as a khaki Campbell named Mocha approx 3-4 weeks old. And 4 chickens Chickeletta( my niece named her from paw patrol) a 5-6 week old Easter Egger, Chico a 4-5 week old barred rock, Chicky a 4-5 week old speckled Sussex, and Bella a 4-5 week old partridge silkie.

Ok I think that’s everybody.

2. Leahs Coop

Leahs Coop Free Ranging

Nov 5, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hello Allison,:frow and a warm welcome to Backyard Chickens! It's great to have you here with us. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!

3. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

4. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Crowing

Sep 18, 2018
    North Central Iowa
    That sounds like quite a crew, Allison! Happy early birthday wishes to you and Teddy as well as happy one-month to little Hope tomorrow.

Welcome to BYC!

5. DogIsMyShepherd

DogIsMyShepherd Chirping

Friday
    Canada
    Thank you

6. DogIsMyShepherd

DogIsMyShepherd Chirping

Friday
    Canada
    Yeah that’s right she will be 1 month tomorrow. She had a rough start at the beginning of her life. Her egg was crushed and she was shrink wrapped. She had not externally pipped but I could hear her peeping. So took her away from her mom and took her inside on a heating pad( cause I don’t have an incubator) and helped her hatch with polysporin and tweezers it was the most stressful night of my life. There was another baby my nephew named buddy that had a crushed egg and was shrink wrapped I helped it hatch it was eating and drinking but never grew, it died when it was 9 days old it was so sad that’s when I got the khaki Campbell so hope would have another baby duck to grow up with. I don’t think I could ever hatch out eggs again, started with 16 eggs and only 1 lived, just too sad.

7. TropicalBabies

TropicalBabies Crowing

Jun 12, 2018
    Hawaii
    Aloha and welcome to BYC! :jumpy

8. fldiver97

fldiver97 Enabler

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome :welcome Nice to have you here! Sorry to hear Hope is the only duckling that made it but you worked hard to help :thumbsup

9. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Hey there Welcome to Backyard Chickens gosh @DogIsMyShepherd August 6? I will be 59
    lost our gsd at 16 this last year

10. DogIsMyShepherd

DogIsMyShepherd Chirping

Friday
    Canada
    Oh I love my boy Bear, shepherds are just so loyal. Me, you and teddy will be celebrating together

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: